The Coimbra Group Office is looking for its next trainee/intern
05 September 2022
- Deadline: Friday 21st. October 2022
- Traineeship/Internship period: January 2023 through end June 2023.
Who we are:
The Coimbra Group is an association of forty European research universities, all of which are long-standing, comprehensive and renowned universities (www.coimbra-group.eu). The Coimbra Group has its Office in Brussels, at the interface between the Coimbra Group Universities and the EU institutions. The work carried out by the Coimbra Group Office consists of both policy work (liaising with the EU institutions and other stakeholders in the field of higher education and research) and of coordination of and support to activities related to international academic cooperation between its members.
We are currently looking for a creative and organised trainee/intern to assist the work of our small international team at the Brussels Office for a period of 6 months, from January 2023 through end June 2023 (flexible dates and duration).
- Be currently enrolled at or recently graduated from a Coimbra Group member university (listed here);
- MA student or recent MA graduate, eligible to participate in the Erasmus+ internship programme of their university;
- Preferably trained in Business Administration, Communication (or similar). Other profiles are encouraged to apply as well;
- An experience in social media management and/or content writing for websites and social media channels and/or an interest for data analysis are all assets for the position ;
- Have excellent written and spoken English (C1 level). Other EU languages an asset;
- Be a confident user of Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Basic skills with graphic tools to create visuals (such as Canva) is an asset;
- Have an interest in working in an international environment and being introduced to the daily functioning of a small Brussels-based, not-for-profit association. This includes dealing with a wide variety of tasks ranging from purely technical/administrative to policy-related tasks;
- Being comfortable working in a small team and using own initiative.
Description of tasks:
- Assist with the management of the Coimbra Group Scholarship Programmes for young researchers from Latin America, Sub-Saharan Africa and the European Neighbourhood:
- liaise with IT provider for the preparation of the online call for applications for 2023/2024;
- prepare communication material and ensure widespread dissemination of the call;
- answer queries by potential applicants and ensure the applications fulfil the eligibility criteria;
- liaise with Coimbra Group participating universities and inform candidates about the status of their applications;
- prepare and analyse data and draft a short report on the scholarship programme results.
- Provide administrative support to the Coimbra Group Office staff in the preparation of documents and in the organisation of events, meetings and other activities as necessary;
- Attend and report on meetings related to higher education & research cooperation and policies (in Brussels and online);
- Assist with communication activities including writing and uploading content for the Coimbra Group website, monthly newsletters and social media platforms (Twitter mainly, but also LinkedIn, YouTube);
- Produce an easy-to-use, visually appealing institutional communication package about the Coimbra Group to be distributed to our member universities;
- Assist with the organisation of an online meeting with the communication departments of all Coimbra Group member universities (preparatory material, minutes, follow-up actions).
Are you interested?
- Provide a CV and a motivation letter in English explaining why you are interested in this traineeship/internship and what your strengths are.
- Do not send your application directly to the Coimbra Group Office but apply through your home university. The university will select the most suitable candidates, while the Coimbra Group Office will do the final selection based on the applications received.
- Deadline to send your application to your university: Friday 21 October 2022.
- Interviews will take place online in November 2022.
- The traineeship/internship must preferably be funded by any relevant programmes your university may have available for this type of experience (Erasmus+, etc.). The Coimbra Group will provide some additional financial support.
- The traineeship/internship will take place in Brussels, Belgium.
- For more information you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org